Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GrungePaper Album thanks to Crafting Irelands Ustream Class

How many of you tuned in to see Timi and Nicole's first ustream class on Saturday evening?  Well, I did and here is the result: a Grunge paper mini album  with the theme "Autumn"...
 The Winter themed album Timi made on the night used Bo Bunny Snowfall papers, Picket Fence Distress Stains, various other blue shades of Distress Inks and a TH Hitch fastener to close the album.  The inside pages were made from DL and C5 envelopes.  Now, I had the envelopes and the Grunge Paper but nothing else so I substituted Bo Bunny Forever Fall papers, gesso instead of the Picket Fence stain, sewn on velcro tabs instead of the hitch fastener....and my own embroidered embellies.  The beads and charms are all ancient bits of stash.
 Inside of album.  I glued small velvety flowers to act as tabs for the inside pockets.
 Details of spine and embellies.
 Tab fastening..the brad has its legs glued under the velcro.  I loved the whole experience listening/looking at the class and making up the mini album.  So much better than paying €25-40 for a workshop where you get a few bits of card etc and never get written instructions for finishing the item.  The class is recorded here and if you get stuck all you have to do is pop back and watch it again.  My only whinge would be the amount of paper scraps left afterwards...but you can get around this by using 12 x 12 papers rather than the 6 x 6 pads.  Anyway I used up my scraps by making these bookmarks.
Now I am dying to get my inky little paws on some of those hitch fasteners...and make the Winter version of this album!
Happy Crafting
Ger x

6 comments:

  1. oh this is gorgeous .. i love the colours
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geraldine, the autumn version is beautiful :)It's great that you have used things that you had in your stash already :)
    I'm so happy that you liked our class,hope you share more projects with Crafting Ireland readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya ger , wow fab project , i am so miffed i missed the live show but will be heading over soon to watch x love what you did with your cover the paper looks like stained wood and your scrap book marks are gorgeous too very creative and just the ticket for my novemver challenge on cards and scraps ? x tfs
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so FAB ;) I was working for the ustream :( but going watchIng it today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous little mini Ger! I love all your embellies that you made. Never thought to use flowers as tabs before - great idea! Thanks for the link - I am dying to see how this was made :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ger, your album is just out of this world, fabulous and the bookmarks are fab too. Great way to use up the little bits and pieces, brilliant job. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...